The MV Princess II is a 45 ft purpose-built fishing vessel with full walk-around deck (for better fishing) and upper deck lounge for relaxation and a great view of our scenery and wildlife.
It’s not uncommon to spot Dugongs, Turtles, Dolphins, Birds & Whales in season.
Whilst cruising to Hervey Bay’s fishing grounds, we have our trolling facilities in full swing on the calm, smooth waters of Platypus Bay, which are protected from the ocean and south easterlies by fishing Fraser Island.
Come and join us and experience all the thrills that fishing has to offer for a great day out.
- 20+ Years Local Knowledge
- Latest Technology ï¿½ Navigation & Fish Finding Equipment!
- Trolling To & From Fishing Grounds (80% Strike Rate)
- Rod, Reel & Tackle Supplied(or BYO If You Wish)
- Fresh Local Bait
- Live Bait Tank
- Fish Cleaned & Iced
- Keep Your Catch
- Bottomless Tea & Coffee
- Delicious Rib Fillet BBQ Lunch
- Suitable All Family Members
- Non Fishing Rates Available
- Charters by Request
- Clean Full Size Domestic Toilet & Hand Basin
Times 7.00 am till 3.30 pm phone (07) 4124 0400
Whale Watching – July to November – The humpback whales migrate from the Antarctic in winter to the warm coastal waters for calving, staying until November. Several whale-watching cruises are available.
Dolphin Watching – can often be seen swimming from the beach or Urangan Pier.
Indo Pacific Humpback Dolphins can be seen all year; Bottlenose Dolphin can bee seen all year. These two species are permanent residents and can best be seen from December to July. The Common Dolphins can be seen from June to September.
Looking for For A Night Away?
|Find The Best Deals on Accommodation Now!|
Turtle Watching – the most common turtles seen in the bay are Green Turtles and Loggerhead Turtles. Flatback Turtle, Hawkesdale Turtles and Leatherback Turtles can also be seen less frequently
Dugong Watching – The Dugong (sea cow) is a protected species in Australian waters. It is estimated 800 Dugong live in Hervey Bay waters.
The Dugong lives their life in the water but surfaces to breathe (they breathe with their lungs) air once every 15 minutes.
- Fishing Hervey BayFishing Hervey Bay has long been known as one of the best destinations for fishermen and fisherwomen to come and enjoy clean, crystal waters to fish in. Hervey Bay is
- Hervey Bay Fishing ChartersRobyn and Ken Radunz operate the family-owned Hervey Bay Fishing Charters, featuring their nine-meter aluminium-built charter boat, the KJ. Sporting two 225-horsepower Volvo diesel inboard engines, the KJ hits speeds
- MV Princess II Fishing ChartersThe MV Princess II is a 45 ft purpose-built fishing vessel with full walk-around deck (for better fishing) and upper deck lounge for relaxation and a great view of our
More Pages On Fishing
Resource Links To Products We Use And Recommend
AAT Kings, Adventure Tours
|Explore Australia the best way with these deals!|
Get Your Guide, Things To Do In Hervey Bay
|Loads of attractions, day tours and things to do.|
Hema Maps Of Fraser Island
|Find The Best Maps For Fraser Island And Hervey Bay|
Hervey Bay in Queensland, Australia is an iconic place to visit. This eastern coast bay area is known for its naturally beautiful beaches, whales, and so much more. In addition to the beautiful...
Taking your dog to the beach is the perfect way to enjoy the day. This is particularly true for Australia where there are plenty of shorelines to explore. Some of the most incredible beaches are...