A trip to Australia is a whirlwind experience, there is simply so much to see and do here. And the diversity of this incredible country is simply astounding. When visiting the state of Queensland, one of the most exciting things you might decide to do is to take a tour to Fraser Island.
This is, in fact, one of the most popular places to visit whilst in the area and it is little wonder why Fraser Island has so much to offer those who pay a visit.
We have handpicked some of the most unforgettable tours of Fraser Island for you to take part in this article, we are going to detail these tours and provide you with all the relevant information you will need to create the trip of a lifetime to this spectacular island.
What Is The Best Tour To Fraser Island?
There are a variety of options when it comes to choosing your tour of Fraser Island. Depending on what you want to get out of the tour will depend on which tour is best for you.
One thing that is always worth keeping in mind is the tour operator, you should choose one that is trustworthy and has a good reputation in order to get the best experience possible.
Going off all the reviews of past visitors we still get asked, What Is The Best Tour To Fraser Island? The answer is the Three Day Tour of Fraser Island, Let’s take a look at some of the best tours of Fraser Island and what you can expect from them.
3 Day Tour Of Fraser Island
If you are looking for something that will give you the best mixture of land and sea then this tour is ideal. This three-day tour comprises of a huge variety of activities that will keep you entertained the entire time you are there.
Staying in three beachside accommodation over the duration of the trip, you will get to experience everything that Fraser Island has to offer.
- A guided group tour will give you all the knowledge and information you could want about Fraser Island.
- The chance to swim in the world-famous Eli Creek where you can get up close and personal with the beloved Fraser Island turtles.
- There are 75 miles of beautiful beaches that you will have the opportunity to explore.
- Take part in nature walks through the stunning rainforests on the island and discover the unique ecosystems that can be found here.
The Fraser Island Cool Dingo Tour With Bushtucker Included
This diverse tour will certainly fulfil your curiosity about all things Fraser Island, giving you the chance to fully explore everything the island has to offer over a three day period. The range of activities is simply astonishing, let’s take a look at what you can expect.
- Drinks at sunset with a view across Kingfisher Bay to welcome you to the tour with your guide.
- A fully guided bushtucker experience will take place at the dingo bar followed by dinner at a choice of restaurants.
- Take a hike to the stunning Lake Wabby known for its emerald hue and array of wildlife including the famous Fraser Island turtles.
- You will experience a guided tour through the rainforests on the island giving you the opportunity to take in the wildlife here and ask any questions to your knowledgeable guide.
- How about visiting the Maheno shipwreck? You will do that on this tour, as well as being given the chance to explore the beaches and take a swim in the stunning Eli Creek.
- Take a trek across the Hammerstone Sand Blow, an experience like no other on the largest sand island in the entire world!
Fraser Island, All-inclusive Two-day Tour
This shorter tour is ideal for those who do not have a huge amount of time due to their itinerary for their trip. However, that being said, it certainly does not mean that you cannot experience Fraser Island in all its glory due to the shorter length of this tour.
The tour starts from either Hervey Bay or Rainbow Beach where you will meet up with your experienced guide who will be able to answer any questions you may have.
Once on the island, you will have the chance to take a dip in Lake Wabby, but not before taking a hike across the Hammerstone Sand Blow.
If you are interested in the history of Fraser Island, this tour gives guests the opportunity to discover an old timber mine within the rainforest which was an integral part of the islands industrial history. Whilst here, you will be able to explore the rainforest too!
One image that comes to mind when thinking of Fraser Island is white sands and clear waters, and you will experience this on your stop off at Lake McKenzie where you will not only be able to swim but will surely catch a glimpse of the turtles who live here.
Enjoy a buffet dinner and lunch with a great variety of foods.
Visit Indian Head which is a great vantage point to see a variety of wildlife on the island such as whales and sharks.
A trip to Fraser Island would not be complete without a visit to Eli Creek which is included in this tour.
The Champagne Pools are a natural ocean spa which you will be able to enjoy on the second day of the tour.
A Three-day Tour Of Fraser Island From Rainbow Beach
This tour offers a full and rich experience of sightseeing around Fraser Island, giving you the opportunity to see some of the islands most well known and loved sites. Let’s take a look at what you can expect out of this tour.
- Swim in the clear waters of Lake McKenzie and experience the white sands of this unique lake.
- Check out the Wanggoolba creek whilst on a walk through the rainforests of the island.
- Explore the 75-mile beach and then take a flight over the island to see it from a completely new perspective.
- Visit Eli creek and the Maheno Shipwreck.
- Explore the famous Satinay trees for which Fraser Island is well known.
In our opinion, all the tours to Fraser Island are spectacular and each has something unique to offer, however with that in mind we would have to lean in favour of the two-day tour.
Despite its shorter length, this tour packs in the most bang for your buck by giving guests the opportunity to explore a mind-boggling amount of places on the island.
The stop-offs are much shorter but this is perfect for those who may be travelling with children, as their attention span will be kept. As we mentioned, this tour is also ideal for those who are short on time but still want to experience everything that Fraser Island has to offer.
Can You Do A Day Tour To Fraser Island?
If you are even more pressed for time, you may be interested in a day tour of Fraser Island.
When you only have a short time on the island you might ask. Can you do a day tour to Fraser Island? There are plenty of these on offer and many of them try to squeeze in as many of the sights as is possible.
However, our only concern is that once the day is over, you will be wishing that you had more time here. Some of the day tours are as follows;
- Discovery guided tour of Fraser Island includes a trip to Lake McKenzie, rainforest exploration and a complimentary lunch.
- One day tour of Fraser Island from Hervey Bay, includes a swim in Lake McKenzie, a viewing of the Maheno Shipwreck and a visit to Eli Creek.
- Fraser Island day tour by coach from Rainbow Beach. This tour includes visits to Central Station, Lake McKenzie and the 75-Mile Beach.
There are of course many other day tours to Fraser Island, all of which offer a great range of things to do over the course of just a day.
How Much Does A Fraser Island Tour Cost?
It is of course, going to depend on the duration and quality of the tour that you plan to take but in general, you can expect to pay around $100-$200 for a day tour.
The longer, multi-day tours are, of course, going to be a little more pricey but you are certainly getting your money’s worth with all the activities that are included. The tours we mentioned above cost as follows:
- The cool dingo tour starts at $419 per person.
- The two-day tour begins at $409 per person.
It is worth noting that there may be additional costs once on Fraser Island. The cost of eating in a restaurant will come out of your own pocket and so if this is mentioned in a tour itinerary then you must account for this extra cost.
You may also have to pay your own ferry charges as well as any national park fees. These may be included in the tour but it is important to check on booking what is and isn’t included to avoid any unexpected charges.
There are an excellent variety of tours to Fraser Island for every budget and no matter how much time you have. Enjoy a day trip to this paradise or spend an extended period of time here on one of the five-day tours.
Fraser Island has so much to offer and so many things to see, it is no wonder the tourism industry here is booming!
Resource Links To Products We Use And Recommend
More Pages On Fraser Island
With its varied fishing spots and abundance of seafood, Fraser Island (K'gari) is a favourite destination for anglers. And while the most popular catches are typically whiting, bream, and flathead,...
Fraser Island, cut off from the mainland, depends on regular shipments for general products. Thus, even vital supplies like fuel are more expensive on Fraser Island due to extra shipping costs. To...